[Dailydrool] Young Charlie's Fifth

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Sun Dec 12 07:39:48 PST 2010

We celebrated young Charlie's fifth birthday yesterday. Who'd have
thought he'd live long enough to see five years? There were some days
during his buppyhood when I wasn't sure he was going to live to see
two because I was going to take him out myself if he destroyed one
more thing. However, I'm glad I resisted the urge because he's such a
delight now that he's past all that buppy nonsense. He still
regularly finds trouble to get into, but now it's almost always cute
and makes me laugh. I love his lighthearted approach to life, his
joyfulness, and how he asks to be held on a lap.

This year Charlie had all his friends--our Elsinore, basset Owen,
Chloe, and Lola--come over for a birthday party sleepover. The last
three are friend Jennifer's dogs, who are staying with us this
weekend while she's out of town. Because of rain, Charlie didn't get
to go on a birthday walk, but he did get  birthday cuddles and has
spent a lot of time playing with Lola. At the moment he's curled up
on the hot air register under my desk. We ended the day with birthday
cake.

So, happy birthday, Charlie! We hope we'll be celebrating many more
with you.

Elizabeth