[Dailydrool] Food Suggestions for Sharon Neal

Judi Boren jboren11 at cox.net
Sun Dec 12 07:24:13 PST 2010

Hi Sharon:

I , like yourself, just started reading the daily drool .  We just rescued a
young female basset, Honey, who had been having a problem with an upset
stomach early in the morning.  She had been going out an eating grass first
thing in the morning and then vomiting.  She ended up with aspiration
pneumonia as a result of one of her vomiting incidents.  It has been
suggested by 2 vets to give her Pepcid AC at  bedtime and to also give her a
small amount of her food (reserved from her evening meal) also late at
night.  Apparently the acid in her empty stomach was causing the problem.
She seems to be doing much better now, so we are keeping her on this late
night regimen of Pepcid AC and feeding her a little of her reserved dinner
late at night.  You might want to ask your vet if this might help your
hound.

This is our 3rd basset; and each one has had her own unique special issues.
It sure is nice to have feedback via the Daily Drool on how to deal with these unique issues.
Good luck...Judi and her love pup, Honey.