[Dailydrool] Cyber friends

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Sun Dec 12 19:08:22 PST 2010

> Once my sister spoke sarcastically about my 'cyber friends'.  Well
> my kitchen cabinets are COVERED with Howliday cards from my cyber
> friends and Charles' baby book is full of condolences at his trip
> to the Rainbow Bridge this year.

My husband talks about my imaginary friends. So now whenever I tell
him about something that's happened to a Drooler, I'll preface it by
saying, "My imaginary friend in Georgia who has X number of bassets"
or "My imaginary friend in Missouri with the X basset." Sometimes
it'll be someone he's actually met, in which case I make sure I
stress that this person is *his* imaginary friend, too. Our
refrigerator is covered with photos of imaginary bassets, though it's
funny how everyone who comes into the kitchen is able to see them.
Even my husband. Silly man.

Elizabeth