[Dailydrool] fritos smell - a comforting smell

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 12 19:43:56 PST 2010

Hi Sharon (Shasha?)

(Is this your nickname? My baby boy (basset) is Xaxa with this pronounce (Shasha).
Anyways, I wrote to tell you that I find that the Fritos is part of many, if not all, bassets smell, some more than others. Go figure. My Xaxa has fritos smell less than my Violeta.
They are bathed at home usually once a week (summer) and maybe 2 weeks in winter, even the next day the smell is there. I believe like we have our own smells, something like part of life.
I will tell you what I read at the drool, about 7 years ago, when Violeta was about  a 1 year old baby and Xaxa had just arrived. This lady said she felt this Fritos smell recomforting, because it meant her baby was there by her side, healthy, and all the world felt  in peace.
I totally agreed, right from the moment I read it and so did their dadperson. Tonight Xaxa is at the hospital and is one smell less and it is not right. Tomorow he will be back home and then I couldn't care the smell, I care they will be by my side.
Enjoy it and send a smooch to him.
His new Auntie Virginia and all the fambly (family in basseteese)