[Dailydrool] A Pearl at the Holidays

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 19:59:48 PST 2010

Senior Rescue.  Near and dear to so many of our hearts.
It is impossible to be involved with rescue and not fall completely in love
 with the senior hounds, the ones so few want to adopt, and society seems
to  think "Old Dog - good for nothing - unadoptable".
Well we all know how I feel about that line......
A846670.
A hound arriving at animal control on December 3.
Our shelter coordinator in tears after learning Senior Mikey had been
assisted to the bridge, thus opening one spot for the highest crisis hound on
the list of many in our local shelters.
There was no question, this girl was the most in need of rescue.
26 pounds, flea infested, mammary tumors, rotting teeth and  dehydrated.
Not many would even consider giving her a chance.   Neglected horribly,
obviously driven out and dumped in an unpopulated  area.
Thru my tears all I could see was a very rare gem.  We decided to give  her
a warm belly, medical care and see if she wanted to enjoy the  Holidays.

A small group of people were emailed about her, and immediately Team Pearl
was launched.
Arriving in rescue after many strings were pulled she came to Daphneyland
on 12/4.
The DD's own Synthia Ross currently of Las Vegas drove in, scooped Pearl up
 after her initial vetting, and has been catering to her every whim while
fostering.  In 10 days Pearl is at 34+ pounds!  Pearl took her first
shopping spree to Petsmart yesterday......

Pearl will be returning to Daphneyland on Christmas Day.  Pearl and I  have
a pact.
She has promised to get strong and better, so she can bite the vet who said
 "Why didn't the shelter euthanise her?".  Her foster mom said it best.....
 "Rescue believes she should have a full belly and know love - even if we
only  have her for a week."  I'm betting on Pearl enjoying her Holidays - how
 about you?
She has her own page, and Synthia has an extension at the bottom for video
and flicker.....
Meet our Pearl.  No longer just an old dog.
_www.daphneyland.com/PearlUpdate.html_
(http://www.daphneyland.com/PearlUpdate.html)

Dawn of the  West
Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland
_www.daphneyland.com_ (http://www.daphneyland.com/)
661  269-2682

Daily rehabilitation and socialization of up to 100 basset  hounds and some
mixes - public viewing and visitation are Saturdays &  Sundays from 11 - 5.
Come and rub bellies in person! Volunteer opportunities  abound!
Join our facebook causes page - 2011 members for  2011!!! Get BaRNi at
Daphneyland updates, help the hounds have Happy Holidays!!!  Visit our webpage
to connect!!