[Dailydrool] bassethound and boots

beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 23 15:12:30 PST 2010

All my bassets and airedales wore boots
I live in Calgary and it's not the cold but the salt that gets them. Someone
said to put vasceline on before but didn't work well.
So it was boots.
You take them to store and try them on.
Miss Becky wore the basset muttlucks but her back feet were smaller than
front so two sets
They worked pretty good but you have to let them get used to them.
They step high at first but Miss Becky
loved them and with her boots, hat, coat long johnsleggings etc. she didn
t want to come back in while I'm freezing.  And they lose them so watch
closely. In Airedrie the construction guys  would put her missing boots on
tree branches.
I made braces to keep them on.
They wear them and help their feet. Even the airedales wore them.  Miss
Becky when boots not on would hold
her feet up and I was to warm them before she'd move

Georgie and Miss Becky ATB