[Dailydrool] Howliday Card Exchange

Veronica Woodruff bassetgrrl at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 04:31:02 PST 2010

Let's just say I'm disappointed in about 65 of my fellow Droolers.

Paul and I signed up for the Howliday Card Exchange, the full list this year.  To date, we've received 107 cards, give or take a card.  Each one has, without fail, been delightful.  Thanks to you who've sent them.  But what about the rest of you?  Where are yours?

Yes, we don't *have* to send them out till the 6th.  But I'll bet there isn't a soul on the exchange who wouldn't readily say it's far more Christmasy, quainter and cheerier to have them dancing around the house by the 25th, rather than be received after The Big Day.

Yes. we live at the outer limits of Canada.  Sure do.  But we've received a great many from California, which is far enough away to make my nose bleed.  This isn't a matter of distance, really.  Planes fly into Halifax Stanfield International Airport, our local, every day.  The airport hasn't even been shut down once this month, LOL.

And I *do* realize that a few of you will have had Life, with a capital 'L,' hurl itself at you like a runaway train, with you scooped into the cowcatcher.  Yeah, I *get* that.

But 65 of you?  Don't tell me that all 65 have suffered physical or emotional trauma right after you signed up for the exchange.  A few, of course.  But the rest?  I ain't buyin'.

Those of us who signed up for the Howliday Card Exchange took on a commitment.  We had to take a picture, order the cards, stick on ready-to-print labels and postage.  If you can't handle those elfish tasks (barring Life pooping on your head) by, oh, December 18th or so, three weeks after sign-up, how do you ever manage to care for your dog(s) on a daily basis?

Don't bother to flame me.  I'm too flea-bitten to listen to excuses that you think will pass for reasons.  Instead, just suck in your breath and send out your flippin' cards, wouldja?

Veronica Woodruff