[Dailydrool] Howliday Card Exchange

Sandy Gaston sandy at animalnature.com
Thu Dec 30 08:11:36 PST 2010

I can understand Veronica on the Card Exchange. There were several people
this year who were not allowed to join in the fun of the Howliday Card
Exchange because of many complaints from members who didn't get their cards.
Yes life does happen and every one respects that because it could happen to
any of us at any time. That is never a problem. Drool members understand
when another writes and says life happened and I am so sorry I didn't get my
cards out. Most try. This is the first year since I have been a member of
the Daily Drool that I didn't do the card exchange, why, as much as I wanted
to I knew I couldn't get them out and some times you have to be real and
this year I was, I have always gotten my cards out, once a little late but
they got out. The key word in this post is EXCHANGE when you sign up for it
that is what is expected. All the names of folks that don't send out their
cards are kept and gone over each year as there are spotters every year. A
few cards do get lost in the mail but not 65 cards. Please send me a list of
the exchange folks you didn't get cards from after the first week of the New
Year so I can check with the spotters to see if they got these cards as
there might have been a problem with the mail. I hope you at least get a few
more.

While I am on a roll, we ALL should thank Amanda Sherwin for taking her time
again this year so the Daily Drool had a Howliday Card Exchange because if
it wasn't for her cards would not have happened. Amanda Sherwin
[asherwin at amanda-s.net]

I do want to thank all the Card Exchange folks that sent me cards as dear
sweet Amanda put all the moderators who were not doing the card exchange on
the "Hero" list(she does this every year). Don't feel much like a hero but
did feel honored that I got all the cards I did. Thank you all from the
bottom of my heart (and the top of it too LOL) oh and one more thing I
collect basset stamps and there were some great ones this year!! Just want
you to all know I noticed and they are now in my stamp book!!  Happy New
Year to one and all, we at Camp Toast and all the moderators wish all our
members and hounds and other family, a safe, healthy and wealthy 2011and
another year of education, fun, some fights, and tears, we are a great big
basset family after all.

In the great woofs of my late Melba Toast NUFF SAID