[Dailydrool] Dual Growling In The Night

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 04:33:20 PST 2010

I awoke to the sound that never fails to send the hair on my neck straight
up-- a dog softly growling in the dark.
It was Conley. His crate is next to my bed and he was facing the window and
growling and then I heard another growl and realised that Cooper was
standing next to the crate (I couldn't see him in the dark) also facing the
window and growling quietly. At night they do not sound loud alarms, at
least not at first.
I got up and looked and saw a car parked next door in the street, and a man
I did not recognize would get out and walk down the street and back, get in
the car, wait a few, then repeat. I could not see the plate.
I watched for about 5 minutes and was getting ready to call the Cops when
this guy who lives across the street and on the corner flipped on all his
spots and stepped out of his house with what looked from the light like a
maglite and yelled something.
This set off every dog in the house and several neighbor dogs. The guy
immediately got into his car and left.
The guy across the street used to be a window washer. The scaffolding failed
and in falling it ripped his hands to pieces, so he is on disability, and he
is a big, bitter, angry guy who drinks a lot. I don't like him but boy, I
was glad to see him out there.
John got up then and wanted to know why everyone was barking. Nothing dear,
(Next time I just call the cops right away.)
Everyone got a treat and we went back to bed and I left the front light on.
Just for fun.

MomPerson with Nigel, Llewis, Guard Dog Conley and
I-May-Be-Missing-A-Leg-But-I'm-Still-Here Cooper.