[Dailydrool] Unkind Droolers

Karen Markisenis kmarkisenis at hvc.rr.com
Fri Dec 31 12:09:10 PST 2010

Dear Shannon,

Neither you (nor anyone)  should make decisions regarding your pets based on fear that someone on this list will reprimand you.  That's bullying!

You wrote: "You are all the best. I am very afraid. I fear that no matter what we do, someone will be angry at us."   The truth is, not everyone will agree with your decision, but those folks should just keep it to themselves.  To undermine your decision after the fact would simply be unkind.  And to be angry . . .  what right does anyone have to be angry?

You said: "This is all my fault."  No, Shannon, it is not.  It is no one's fault.

You wrote: "I got screamed at once by a DD member when I said that I trusted my vet."  And I suppose you were to trust that DD member?  The one with all the medical training?  Oh . . . they didn't have any medical training?  They certainly didn't have any training in civility either!

You also said: "I don't think that I could stand it if I thought that one of you were mad at us. I apologize in advance, the tumor is in the part of my brain that controls my emotions. Please don't flame me, or scream at me."  My goodness, Shannon, don't give them that much power over you!  You need not apologize to anyone.  Instead, any Droolers who have been unkind to you in the past are the ones who need to apologize.  How dare they?

My final suggestion, Shannon, is that you correspond with those Droolers who have shown compassion to both Arnie, Cathy and YOU.  Keep THEM abreast of the situation.  CONSIDER their suggestions.  Don't post to the list itself.  But in the end, you and Cathy need to make decisions that effect your family.  I can tell by your posts that you are a Christian who believes in the Lord.  He certainly would not condemn you for any well-reasoned, compassionate decision.  Don't let the "holier than thou" folks undermine what you know in your heart is right.

In closing, my vet once told me "Better one day early than one day late.", when conferring with him about my Junior (who was in pain and dying from hemangiosarcoma).

Hugs,
Karen