[Dailydrool] Rescue

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Sun Feb 14 09:02:27 PST 2010

Just a few minutes ago I was petting one of the two puppies we have thinking about the day we got her. Her name is Honey and her owners had no time for her, they kept her in a crate all day while they were gone. The first day I met her she was so afraid. She did not want to come out of the crate to meet me and she shivered I suppose wondering what horrible things I might do to her. Life was not so good with her owners but it had become normal and safe. Now she was looking into the face of a stranger with fear of the unknown. I took her and placed her in my car with her familiar toys and blankie and off we drove away from her comfort zone. She was so scared she pooped all over the inside of my car. We looked like a couple of mud pies by the time we got to my house. I took her inside and she was very afraid but I left her seperated from the other dogs and gave her a bath, and let her see the other dogs but kept her seperated by a child gate blocking off our bedroom where I let her stay. Two days later we got her sister. Strange how we got sisters within two days, two seperate owners and yet two puppies from the same litter. Her sister was a ball of fire and once they saw each other they instantly connected and have both been wreaking havoc ever since. Honey is on the couch right now taking a playtime rest sister snuggled up beside her me petting both of them. They are soft like bunnies and smell like fritos. Cute ten month old puppy faces looking at me like I am their world. This is a good part of rescue. Not as good as finding them great homes, but very close.