[Dailydrool] Piper Update

Karen bassett8 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 10:24:55 PST 2010

Well today was a good day in the Out of Africa Bassets home, first it
was Miss Coco's birthday and secondly we finally got Piper's results
back from the lab and she has B-Cell Lymphoma and although she will
eventually go to the Rainbow Bridge from this, it will be a good 12 to
36 months before this happens which means she will be able to go
coastal when our little family move in late March/early April and have
a good quality of life for a good while once she gets there.  The
other good news from the vets is that her lymphoma is in remission due
to the chemo treatment and she is suffering no awful side effects from
the treatment other than being starvingly hungry all the time which is
apparently normal on treatment, I did'nt have the heart to tell the
vet that she has always been starvingly hungry even before the
treatment, she just a typical Basset Hound.  She is bouncing around
and being a regular bossy boots with her brother and sister and has
becone very vocal of late, much to the neighbours horror.  Tough on
them, they all have yappy small dogs who bark from morning till night
and who now get answered by a full blooded basset baying loudly and
anyway it is only for the next 2 months maximum and then she will have
a full 3 Hectares to run around on.
Drool and love to all in need
Coco, Piper, Whisky and Momslave Karen