[Dailydrool] fish oil for prevention?

Sfwill at aol.com Sfwill at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 15:01:29 PST 2010

gus will be 4 in may and is as spry as they come, but i wonder if fish oil
would be a good preventative against arthritis in the future?
and to the gentleman who wonders if a basset is right for his family:   i
have never, ever had a dog.  at 61, gus came into my life.  he has  my heart
and soul.  now, i must admit, he's not a drooler, never  once.  he puts his
paws up to the counter, has never taken anything  down.  he barked for the
first week when i left the house, but that was it,  a week.  he eventually
"got it" that i wasn't abandoning him, just going to  work and would be back
at lunch to let him out.  he started out sleeping in  my room, in his bed
next to mine.  now he's officially on the bed with me  and it couldn't be more
cozy.  he goes to the same spot every night (where  i first started
directing him to in order to leave me plenty of room).  he  sleeps longer (until i
wake up) as opposed to getting me up at 6 when he was in  his own bed.  he
has never chewed as much as a piece of paper, i don't know  why, but he's not
a chewer.  all he wants is to be is as close as he can be  to me.  we watch
tv at night with me lying on the couch and him draped over  by body with his
snout between my boobs, gazing up at me, it's so funny to look  at him, a
guy in love.  lol.  then he eventually moves to the end of  the couch to curl
up beside my feet.  he loves his walks, but doesn't  demand them.  he loves
to ride in the car, and loves coming to work with me  once a week.  my
co-workers have adopted him as their mascot, so he treats  them to the basset
500 through the office, much to their delight.
i don't know what i'd be without him.  who  knew?