[Dailydrool] Miss Coco!

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 16:23:51 PST 2010

How wonderful that across the ocean we also are celebrating a birthday!  Flash is 11 today and so far got to do many of the things he loves: eat snow, drink the shower water (while I'm in it), have wet food with dog food, and got some salmon as well!  The puppy cake just got out of the oven and so far they are very interested.  This is the cake receipe I used this year:
Peanut Butter Delight
1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)

Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick spray for 40 minutes.

Frost this cake with low fat cottage cheese and decorate with carrot pieces. Store in refrigerator.

Last year we went with a store bought but this year I was worried about xylitol being in the baked goods.  Once the cake is cooled we will see if it's a hit.  I think it will be!

Happy Birthday Coco and all the other birthday houndies out there!

Laura
Flash
and Ryu