[Dailydrool] Seniors and joint support

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 16:44:50 PST 2010

Glucosamine and Chondrotin - 7mg/lb of the chondrotin component

Fish oil - Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook (Vet Pharm Bible) states "Because of the unique nature of each commercially available product, see the actual label directions of that product for specific dosage recommendations."  Hill's was the company that did the research that proved this was helpful with joints.  Since Omega fatty acids were shown to decrease inflammation in skin disorders it was thought it was the same in joints.  Their j/d diet has a high level of FA's (fatty acids) for joint support.  I would go by the individual label and use omenga fatty acid supplements that have been proven to work in dogs.

Laura
Flash
and Ryu

"Should we be giving out senior dogs glucosamine and fish oil? How much of
each?"