[Dailydrool] MY day, and some drool puleeze

Eleri Pastouret elerimist at free.fr
Tue Feb 2 10:46:58 PST 2010

Bonejour, Dame Penny woofin' in from across the waves in France.

Well, folks, I had a VERY good day today.  I'd like to be 12 every
day!  Firstly, this morning we went to the woods as usual and there, I
had THE most delicious treats - fresh horse droppings.  Mmmmmm,
delicious.  However, I do wonder why da mum didn't want me to kiss her
afterwards?  Ah well, <sigh>, these humans ... you could live to be a
nickzillion years and you'd still never understand humans.

THEN, I heard her say she was going to Nice with a friend.  Well,
there was no way she was going to leave us at home, today of all
days.  So, we went along and we went to a restaurant at lunchtime.
The weather was quite warm and sunny and we sat out to eat on the
terrasse (yep, there are advantages to living on the French Riviera) -
all of us, humans included.  Well, the nice lady who was serving
brought some treats for MOI :))) (well, actually Miss Polly had some
too).  Then, we even had some off the plates (not stolen, given). Plus
people in the street wished me Happy Birthday! (Yes, da mum is quite
embarassing, she was telling everyone that I was 12 today).

Then we came home, just in time for tea. What a surprise, da mum had
bought me turkey breast, so that was our tea!!!! Yummy!  Then the da
dad came home and brought a very yummy treat.  Yes, I could definitely
cope with today EVERY day :))) (are you listening, da mum????)

Now for the drool that's needed.  Tomorrow, our friend Mirabelle is
coming to stay with us for a few days.  She's much older than me and
has health issues - lung edema?  It's water on the lungs.  She had an
"attack" at lunchtime today and her vetman is not very optimistic.
She's on three different tablets and he thinks she should be okay for
the next few days.  Da mum is very worried. We do not want anything to
happen to Mirabelle, period.  But we definitely do not want anything
to happen to her while she is staying with us and her parents are in
Paris.  Puleeze, if you have any spare drool to sling her way, it
would be very much appreciated.  Also any advice on this problem.  We
know there's no cure, but any hints?  We know she is not to get
excited or go for walks and she will be drinking like a fish.  She
does that anyway!

Thank you, and thank you to all who sent me happy b'day wishes - they
worked !!!!! It was VERY happy !!!!!!

Lurps,

Dame Penny