[Dailydrool] We Got A "Dremmel"! It Is A Miracle Machine! Soooo easy!

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Thu Feb 4 10:38:51 PST 2010

Just read on the DD about a hound needing to get their nails clipped
because they were scratching...

Am goofing off at work and decided to spout off about Dremmels. I hope you
won't mind as it is something that seems to come up again and again.
There are dremmels and there are dremmels...

Yesterday I had to quickly get one of the rescue boys ready to go see our
Vet and even though "Buddy" had short nails and was prtty ready to go to the
 Vet...I quickly did his ears, nails and brushed and brushed him out, and
used a  flea comb on the crud on the bottoms of his ears. (from Breakfast) He
was DONE  in 5 minutes! A miracle. The dremmel is a miracle tool!
We got one made by "Dremmel" this Christmas. It has the old Oster and
other brands beat by far. The motor is fantastic! The slow to FAST switch is
reillly good!

We have tried about every brand. Since we have the new dremmel set up and
right next to the couch this new dremmel works so easily and is so powerful
I  dremmel MORE OFTEN. At first I used a muzzle and JP my husband had to
help me or  I'd have a freeking out Basset at some point even though most of
the dogs are ok  with it as I start out on the low setting and praise and give
treets and only  dremmel a little on each nail at the lowest speed.

The sound goes higher as the tool is increased in speed. It  sounds sorta
like a dentists drill and so takes some getting used to. The tool  is a bit
bigger than most too...but not unwieldy.

You can get a smooth pawdicure soooooooo easily. There are all kinds of you
 tube videos about how to dremmel.

It is so much easier to use a really good new machine. I have several
brands and do keep them for backup but last night when I was trying out the
different dremmels... all with fresh new sanding wheels...the new one made by
"Dremmel" was so much easier.

It is worth every cent to get a really good machine. It pays for itself in
no time. The dogs don't mind being given a pawdicure at all once they learn
it  will not hurt them (and they get massaged and given trees by your
helper)   In fact on our own dogs they don't need treets or muzzels...they just
lay back  and get their nails done and to me this is a miracle. No more
bloody cut nails!  No more thrashing dogs.

Now when I throw a blanket on the couch  and call them over for the
Pawdicure..they COME!  (with a couple of exceptions who we have to  coax)

The "Dremmel" It is a miracle! I should go to work for this company
selling them!!!!  Took me 35 years  of doing Basset Hounds nails to  finally
decide to invest in this moderately expensive good machine and THEN find  a
hideyhole spot for it and keep it plugged in and ready.... The dust from the
nails really flies that is why you need a blanket. Also if you accidentally hit
 the couch with the sanding wheel you won't mark up your couch.

Another Hint: If you trim the paw hair back too at nail trim time before
you dremmel then no hair will catch in the wheel...AND your dogs will no
longer have little "Hair Mops" bringing in dirt with their wet feet so  much
when they come inside.
Oh..and...throw a towel down in front of your dog doors over the mats
coming into your house too and that helps keep the house cleaner too.

Oh my this is too much spouting off! Just thought I'd tell you about  our
new Dremmel it works just Great!

Love and Woofin, Lexa
Coordinator for Basset Rescue of Puget Sound
_www.adoptabasset.net_ (http://www.adoptabasset.net)