[Dailydrool] Sasha the Blind Baby

SUSAN INTESSIMONE froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 4 13:32:53 PST 2010

Very sadly, Sasha the blind 18 mo old we have is in dire straits.  The fungal infection is in her lungs, giving her a decreased breathing capacity.  My vet says medication would prolong her life but not add any kind of quality to it; she's a young basset who lived to run the woods and hunt rabbits.  Now, she sits perfectly still, whether inside or out.  She is in pain as well, so I opted to bring her home--she's been at a kennel where she's been receiving sooo much love and tender care where she could feel safe as a sightless dog while we figured out a game plan.  I will take her back to the vet Monday afternoon--after the best weekend of her short life--and send her to the Bridge.  I am so sad.  She's just a baby.

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 2
Murphy, Jeremiah, and Sweenie + Grandma and Sasha
www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org