[Dailydrool] Pierre, Jr. - Miracles

Dianne Taylor sokermom5 at live.com
Fri Feb 5 07:35:03 PST 2010

As I sit here at home feeling extremely sorry for myself because I can't get out and about due to the weather, I read the Drool that shared the two stories mentioned above and suddenly I don't seem to feel so bad any more.

Pierre, Jr. - how proud your Mommy must be.  I think your are just a wonderful pup for going to visit at the nursing home.  I have always wished I could take one of my babies to visit, but I'm not too sure how they would react.  When my hubby was in a nursing facility, there was a beautiful greyhound that came to visit the patients, and I could see the joy in all of their eyes just to have a calm, sweet pup to pet and talk to.  The pets do wonders for the people there as so many have no family to visit them.  Keep up the good work Pierre - maybe you could send my houndies some pointers.  Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story.

Kathi, OMG - what a definite miracle.  I just sat here in awe as I read your story.  A miracle she didn't die from starvation or get struck by a car and a miracle that you saw her going that fast down a busy interstate.  The Good Lord was watching over all of you!  I am so happy you made the trip to James with Belle - I know he must be so happy with her.

People that are not as involved with their animals as we are often ask me - what is so special about your dogs?  Of course, it takes all I have not to talk for hours and hours, but I do manage a little self control.  When I tell them the stories of the babies that we save, the sad stories of those going to Bridge, and the absolute love they give us, they smile and nod, but I'm not sure they really understand.  On those occasions when I talk with a person that loves their babies like we do, the joy in our faces is so obvious and so wonderful.  If I could only get those others to understand.

I read all the posts and sometimes as much as I want to, I just cannot respond to the ones of loved babies going to the Bridge.  But, please know that I light a candle for them and say many prayers for their safe passage and for the family.  I'm very lucky to have found the Drool and have so many friends (even though I haven't met most of you, but would really like to).

Hugs,

Dianne Taylor - Mommy to Morgan, J.D., Virgil and foster girl Bella