[Dailydrool] Dewey was Saved!

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:50:03 PST 2010

I am so proud of myself. I hesitated only a moment before "saving" Dewey from his awful fate.

I usually have a bowl of cold cereal for breakfast. When the box is empty, I dispose of the liner, put two small biscuits in the empty box, close it and tape it shut. I then throw it into the living room for Dewey to kill and retrieve the biscuits. This usually takes less than a minute.

Not today. He was banging around in the living room for the longest time with that box. Ok, what's going on? I found him in the front hallway with his head stuffed as far into that box as it would go, with the flaps pointed into the box, forming a Chinese finger puzzle on his head. He could not get that box off his head! Every time he tried, the flaps would dig in, refusing to release!

My first impulse was to grab the camera. But poor Dewey was NOT happy with that blasted box on his head! After releasing the poor devil, I went back to reading my newspaper, and Dewey climbed onto my lap. That's when I burst out laughing. My doG! He looked so funny, swinging that box around, totally blind, trying to figure out how to get it OFF!

Score:  killer cereal box - 1, Dewey - 0.

Linda and Dewey Destructo