[Dailydrool] Marilyn at HOP and Dyson on non-carpeted floors

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 16:03:41 PST 2010

I had to smile:  I was reading about the 7 bassets who need a home, and how Jake would be the hardest to place because of his age and health issues.  Marilyn at HOP said that she was full.  Next Daily Drool: Marilyn is taking Jake!  I'm sure that this doesn't surprise anyone...she is a true Angel to the old guys.

I bought the Dyson Animal a few years back when my living room and dining room were carpeted.  I loved it, and was always amazed at how much hair it picked up.  I put the canister down inside the garbage can before I open it to empty, and never have a problem with hair or dust floating out (I'm allergic to both.)  When I replaced the carpet with laminate floors, I was disappointed at how the Dyson picked up the dog hair.  The regular vacuum is useless.  The stair attachment works, but it's such a small head that it would take forever.  A couple of weeks ago, Fred and Annie were at Doggie Daycare, and I did a major cleaning.  I used the attachment that is meant to clean under things (which I rarely bothered using) to get under the steps and couches.  I happened to run it over the floors and noticed that it did a much better job at picking up the hair than anything else I'd tried (I'd resorted to going around with a dustbuster...a pain on my back!)  I don't bother to switch the dial form carpet to floors, but it seems to work quite well.

Rose, Annie (I'm the shedder, I admit it!) and Fred (only dogs shed...)