[Dailydrool] Any advice?

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 6 10:48:14 PST 2010

I've had another day of Morse not seeming overly happy. He has brightened up this evening, but was extremely slow for the walks. A friend of mine wondered if me allowing him to choose where he goes on the walk is part of the reason - that it can put stress on the dog if they are having to decide the route, as opposed to being told, and therefore not being alpha male etc, as they look to us to be leader? I am not sure if that is the case. Bassets like getting their own way generally.  When hubby takes over and tells him where to walk, and is firmer, Morse does seem to respond better.  I think I havent been strict enough and Morse plays me like a fiddle. What should I do? I just want him to be happy and dont like to see him glum.

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB