[Dailydrool] Snow-blasted US

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Sat Feb 6 16:36:31 PST 2010

Becky,

Thanks for worrying about us folks here in the mid-Atlantic region of the US-of-A!  We live in central Virginia, about 2 hours south of DC, and we had 14" of very wet, very heavy snow over the last 36 hours. The main side effect is wide-spread power outages caused by falling trees onto power lines, and roads with 2-feet of snow between the repair crews and the electrical line problems. We lost power early this morning (5am), and are among the fortunate since it came back on about 6 hours later. There are many who will be without electricity for 2-3 days, and the temps are supposed to fall into the lower teens tonight (had to look it up, 12F = -11C !) We all snuggled under blankets all morning - here's what it looked like from Frank's perspective: http://www.pbase.com/notawahoo/image/121738266 We hope the power stays on, but if not, we think we can make it to our daughter's house where they haven't had any flickering lights!

Nancy, owned by Uncle Frank the Tank
and Sweet Sarah ATB