[Dailydrool] Driving your Hounds nuts

Karen bassett8 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 11:28:13 PST 2010

I have just installed Windows7 on my laptop and it has a gadget called
Desk Puppy that you can put on your desktop, not a Basset
unfortunately, but if you don't scratch his head every couple of
minutes he barks! I was busy doing something else and the Puppy barked
and the Hounds have spent the last 5 minutes looking for this strange
dog. I am giggling at them because they keep running in and out of the
room looking and sniffing and they can't find a thing. I would warn
however that it can be a very irritating gadget, but it was quite
funny watching my 3 look for the non-existent dog.  Whisky has finally
figured out that it is Mom's laptop making the noise and they are now
all back on their beds and giving me a look that is not very polite!
It was worth the laugh even if it was unintentional.
I would love to hear if anyone else has had a similar reaction from
their hounds when watching You-tube or trying out the Desk Puppy
gadget.
Thanks
Karen with The Out of africa Bassets who are all laying on their beds
with behinds in my direction - a sure sign they are peeved. Better get
the treat jar!