[Dailydrool] snow fun

Linda Wittig wittigs at live.com
Sun Feb 7 04:13:38 PST 2010

North of Pittsburgh we got an unheard of 20" of snow. I shoveled a path off the deck to the back yard. Buddy had quite a surprise when he stepped into the yard! But he leapt like a deer (he's basset mixed with shephard and lab) and created a path for Roscoe, who couldn't see above the snow. After several hours of whining and barking because manslave was outside shoveling, I took them out the front door on long leads. I finally let them run on their own, which Roscoe is never allowed to do. But everyone on our circle was out shoveling and everyone knows the boyz. They ran for an hour, plowing into the snow. After a few more hours of barking at neighbors, I pulled all the blinds down and forced them to retreat. Finally, they wound down and slept for the rest of the day. Whew! This morning it is 1 degree! I hope they are tired enough to sleep through their morning walk.
As for personal smell, I can tell the boyz apart by hair texture, but particularly smell. Roscoe has the true basset smell, which I love.
>From frigid PA, we now know what the Dakotas' and midwest hounds must endure.
Linda, Buddy & Roscoe (I was allowed to pee on the deck, but took liberty to poop indoors!)