[Dailydrool] Snow paths

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 12:26:36 PST 2010

Reading the Drool this morning reminded me of years gone by. When my son was little, we lived in Rhode Island and would occasionally have large snow storms. One of Billy's specialties from about age 6 to 12 was constructing snow dog runs for neighbors (in addition to the traditional shoveling). He would shovel large circular paths in people's backyards with alleyways branching off to round clearings for poop spots and in at least one clearing would build a snowman in the center of the clearing to be marked by all the canine inhabitants. The neighborhood dogs loved it as did the neighbors. Occasionally he would make mazes, but the dogs were never fooled. The nose knows all.