[Dailydrool] Sasha to the Bridge--and Beyond

SUSAN INTESSIMONE froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 8 08:42:54 PST 2010

Sasha was having a hard time breathing this morning--she had to sit up to get comfortable--and her tail no longer wagged when I spoke her name.  So, I took her over to the vet clinic this morning and held her while she slipped off to the Bridge.  I don't think she stayed there to wait for anyone, though.  Yesterday Nicholas (my 7 yr old) said that really she DID have an adopter:  God wanted a basset puppy and chose our little Sasha.  She is no longer blind and can take deep breaths of fresh air and is chasing bunnies all over Heaven.  I think this brings a smile to God's face.

We have purchased a little blue ceramic rabbit trinket box to hold her ashes.

Rest in peace, beautiful baby girl!

Sasha
August 2008 - February 8, 2010

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 2
Murphy, Jeremiah, and Sweenie, + Grandma and Willy (going to my new home this weekend!)
www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org