[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Shirley snoozinhounds at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 11 10:24:40 PST 2010

Droolers;   Diane Burns is the foster coordinator for Droopy Basset Hound
Rescue.  She has probably 5 bassets of her own and several fosters. Last
night she had to have her 14 yr old lab helped to the bridge.  I know she
would love to hear from fellow basset lovers especially those of us who know
how much it hurts to lose a dog. If you would like to send her an email her
address is DeeBurns$@yahoo.com.  Thanks.

Mark and I had to help Amos to the bridge last night, after 14 years of love
and loyalty. I don't know who will be my protector now because these hounds
have no clue how to be guardian's. There is a big hole in both our hearts as
Amos was a gentle, well behaved,and most intuitive of dogs. That's a lab for
you. He always knew when my ears were starting to bother me and would stick
his nose in them and stiff, then look on in the eye. I FINALLY learned to go
clean them out when he did this. When I had surgery a few years back he knew
10 minutes before my pain meds were going to wear off! He would seek me out
and just sit my me! He was a truly amazing dog and I will miss him greatly.
I take comfort in knowing we did the best we could for him and he is now
running( his favorite past time) free of pain and will spend eternity with
his big sister Molly who went before him. Have fun big guy, we miss you.D

Shirley Mueller

Mom to Sally Belle & Gordy