[Dailydrool] Thank you and foster homes??

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 11 19:39:48 PST 2010

Thank you to everyone who sent condolences on the passing of our dear baby Sasha.  I got her ashes yesterday and will lay them to rest as soon as her bunny box gets here.

On a begging note, we have a boatload of bassets needing rescue that we cannot take due to lack of foster space.  Louisville Metro Animal Services has 6 ranging in age from 10 weeks to 10 years.  We have a 6 mo old in Nashville to pick up, a 7 yr old and a 10 yr old also in Louisville (we have to take the 10 yr old as he is being returned after 6 years of adopted bliss but his basset sister didn't come from our rescue--but we feel obligated to do something...) Took in another (Maggie May) today--owner hysterical when she gave her up at my vet clinic.  She became disabled and did not want to surrender her dog but cannot keep (has to move in w/daughter who is highly allergic.)  We have been able to place most new bassets within a short period of time---3-4 weeks---so all we're asking for is a month of your time.  For us to kennel one dog, that 30 days would cost us $600.  Currently we have four boarding.  This is bankrupting us!!!  Even just 2
 weeks of foster care would be a lot better than all that time in a kennel.  Any takers??

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 2
Murphy, Jeremiah and Sweenie + Grandma and Willy