[Dailydrool] Visiting "The Bounders"

Shelly Gordon-ABC Basset Rescue merchandise at nybasset.org
Thu Feb 11 19:22:03 PST 2010

Last night, Don and I had the pleasure of visiting Wen & Pat and the senior hounds at "Senior Houndsabound"! What a great bunch of dogs! Hard to believe there were 18 of them there....all so well behaved. As Wen and I talked at the table, Don sat on the floor against the wall with a pack of dogs. Valentine in between his legs, Esty trying to crawl in his shirt pocket, and new guy "Nathan" just out of eye removal surgery, licking his face. Don's story of the "sucker" who adopts disabled dogs while on vacation has traveled from Daphneyland to Senior Houndsabound. When he walked in, I swear I heard the dogs say "here's the suck-ah".

After a day at Disney today, Don said he would have rather spent the day with the seniors on Wessex St (the dogs, that is), and I agree. The most magical place on Earth is definitely with senior bassets & beagles.

See you at the Suncoast Waddle on Saturday!

Shelly Gordon
ABC Basset Hound Rescue
www.nybasset.org
merchandise at nybasset.org