[Dailydrool] Bassets in the snow

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 10:38:39 PST 2010

Here in beautiful South Jersey we got another 14" over Wed and  Thurs on
top of the 28.5 that hit us Sat.  This time it is heavy wet  snow and hard to
shovel. But the bassets found the remnants of their previously  dug trails
and love running around the maze they have created. However, I am not  so
happy as the Township plows, in maneuvering around the boats, work trucks,
cars etc that people leave in the street ended up pushing a pile of ice
boulders  4 feet high and 10 feet across at the foot of my driveway. I and several
neighbors have called and asked that they push it down the street about 25
feet  and we get "when we have time". So I can't shovel my drive because the
cars are  there! Literally I am trapped in the house with the bassets who
of course  are loving all this.
And to make matters just a tiny bit worse, the lock on my sliding door (the
 major basset entry and exit) has broken in the locked position and me and
all my  screwdrivers have been unable to change that.
Good thing there is plenty of wine in the house.
Kathy with Crackers, Loki, Jordan and the fosters Darla and  Fester