[Dailydrool] Kahuna and Kirby

mtnbassets at hotmail.com mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 13 21:11:02 PST 2010

I'm getting ready for the movers. I leave early in the morning to go to NH to the old house and the movers will be there Weds and deliver up here Thurs. That means I need to be ready here before I leave with plans for everything and boxes out of the way.

Kahuna is boarding at the vet to make sure he continues to heal without a problem. Kirby will go with me and Monday he will go home with the President of the Saint Rescue. We have determined it is a dominance thing. The one episode with Ace was enough - Ace has no big desire to be #1. Kahuna won't back down so the fights would escalate. Kirby really has it in for Kahuna now and they need to stay totally separate. We could possibly work on things with a behaviorist but they could never really be trusted together. And I worry about the oldsters getting caught in something - especially blind Bud. It's too risky. Totally beaks my heart. Kirby is one of the really special ones. He may have set up right away as alpha here when he came but he was so sick that didn't happen. I guess at 8-9 mos he decided the honeymoon is over and he wants to be in charge. Kahuna has other ideas. So this really sucks.

Drool to those who need it. I'll be spending the week with no phone, computer or TV. At least I have the BlackBerry.

Synthia, giving extra belly rubs since they need to last for a while
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna (I'd like a room with a view please), Pearl, Peaches, Dickens
Ace and Kirby (for another 36 hrs)