[Dailydrool] Muzzles

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 14 01:18:05 PST 2010

I use Baskerville muzzles for mine. They are plastic cages with a nylon strap. They are excellent as the dogs can pant and drink, but not pick up anything solid.

I use them every day when we walk because horrid humans eat food from the local takeaway shops and drop cooked chicken leg, pork and beef rib bones on the pavement. I now no longer spend half the walk on my knees fishing stuff out of their mouths.

Neither minds wearing them - Rolph makes  big show of trying to get his off when we get home and Clara moves her face when I put them on, but apart from that, no problems. And they go through he washing machine on a 30 wash. And believe me, they do get guggy.

Of course, people's reactions when they see two muzzled bassets is highly amusing.
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK