[Dailydrool] Valentines greetings (late)

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 15 07:38:06 PST 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita
and Sedgwick County

I am writing this under protest.  Miss Angela and I are having an employer/employee dispute.
I am claiming holidays off.  Saturday was the Lunar New Year (welcome to the year of the
Tiger), Sunday was Valentine's day.  Today is President's Day.  Tomorrow is Mardi Gras
(Laissez le bon temps roulez!)  Miss Angela is getting her routine feedings, walks and
ear skritches, but she is demanding that I also put some time in as her publicist.  I reply that
my employment contract gives me holidays off.  We are more or less compromising.

Miss Angela sends her warmest Valentines greetings to all her fans and followers, as well
as their slaves, drool fuelers and mop jockeys.  She spent most of the day sleeping, but
had a nice long mile and a half walk.  She also got a piece of left over pot roast that had
been in the fridge a bit too long for Bill.  What more could even a world famous hound ask?
If you answered "Nothing", you don't know Miss Angela very well.  She wanted to sit down
with her social secretary (yup, me again) to begin planning for her birthday party.  Since
March 6 falls on a Saturday night, we are having Angela's annual open house and birthday
bash on Friday, March 5.  Details will follow, but she insisted that I put the date out on the
Drool so fans can plan ahead. ( Airline tickets, days off and mail order gifts.....you know the
drill.  )  So, I've done it.  Now I can go out and enjoy the rest of my day off.  Or maybe just
rest up for Mardi Gras.  I have some lovely beads for her, but as you know, Miss Angela
insists on being NUDE NUDE NUDE.  Of course, that is one way to earn her beads.

Bill  (working on a menu for the big party)
Angela (I'm thinking filet mignon for my birthday gala)