[Dailydrool] Whew! Now the fun begins!

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 02:28:56 PST 2010

Our Cissie just gave birth to four very healthy basset hounds~  Three boys and one girl.  Two red and whites and two tris.  Girl is tri.

Thank you to Cissie for going into labor before Jan left for the city... we think they can do without her at work tomorrow so we can sleep in shifts.

Puppy names are Snowboard, Nordic, Luge and Olympia.  Yes, we could've named them after Violet, Sukey, Mike Stone and Westminster, but the Hound group had already over when she went into labor and the Olympic games were on as they were born.  Congrats to Sukey, Mike, Becky and Violet~  She looked beautiful and we really thought he was going to pick her in group.

I suppose we also could have named them after Presidents or day old Valentines, or Cissie's choice of name which we believe to be Skooch, Skootchies, Skoochlo and Skoochmo but I think you can understand why we didn't go that route.

Thank you to FC Bluefence Storybook Hero and CH Sanlyn RC Maximum Enforcer for both donating sperm to the cause.  DNA tests coming thanks to the AKC for allowing multiple sires.  I couldn't even begin to guess who is the Daddy and who is the Pops, but we find it quite fitting that our babies have Two Daddies~  and they have always been best friends.

More to come and wish me luck in staying up for the next few weeks~  And if you are going to be near Placerville, please feel free to give us a call and pop in for a visit!

Sara*