[Dailydrool] sad day for Rosie's household

Anita Sacrey agilitydawgz at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 16:06:37 PST 2010

I wanted you all to know that we lost our 11.5 year old dachshund, Reese, today.  He had congestive heart failure for over a year, and for the past couple of weeks he seemed to be deteriorating.  I took him in today to see what could be done for him.  The vet did an x-ray and found a fist-size tumor in his chest, pushing on his heart and the end of it was pushing on his trachea.  This was making it hard for him to breathe.  There was also a tumor in one lung.  We don't know what kind of cancer it was, as the vet didn't do any further testing once he saw the big tumor in the chest.  I thought about taking him home for a day or two, but when I saw the tumor on the x-ray I knew I could not take this dog home.  He's now at the bridge where he can breathe easily and run agility.

As for Rosie, I don't think she really know what's happened yet.  I am concerned that she will grieve, as Reese raised her when she was a puppy and they have always been buddies (even though they fought a few times over cookies).

It's just awful that our four-leggers don't live longer.  It's really tough to lose them.

Anita