[Dailydrool] visit to the vet

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:53:52 PST 2010

We took Buttercup to the vet yesterday.  She had started limping , had what I hoped was a cyst on her real left leg and I wanted her thyroid check as her weight is not where it should be despite green bean and a little less kibble.  She is in good health but does suffer from arthritis due to hip dysplasia and the vet gave her vetprophen 75 mg abd has suggested a weight loss dog food  with a lot of fiber.  Good-bye $252,00  and she still needs her shots for the year, as does Beau.  We will probably bring her unwiling self in next week along with Beau for the shots.  (She went flat basset at the vet).  Much to my amaement she behaved very well for her x-ray and the cyst aspiration.  It was indeed a cyst.  I was concerned as she behaves like an old grumpy dog and she is only 3.  Roxanne is still experiencing a little difficulty with the cats.  I discovered if I let her bark at them she eventually gets bored and walks away on her own.  The cats are being good about this though Jordy is more upset then the other 2.  We have good days followed my not so good days.  They did splendidly one day and the next my 3 decided she could not enter the living room.  Poor Roxy barked in protest and I made sure she could come in the living room.  Honey is very jealous of what she preceives as poaching on her human attention rights.  However the all joined together on a glorious chorus of barking , bellowing and howling when a neighbor dared to walk his dog across the front of our property.  Roxane aparrently has a flair for interior decoratin as he moves the dog bed around the house.  She uses her front paws and shoves it around.  We find it in the kitchen, the hallway etc.  Sue K MomPerson to Buttercup - Humph, I did not invite ths new girl in and she better not get in my way.  Beau - DadPerson says I got a harem  I am such a Hound Honey - All extra petting is MINEMINEMINE, back off from the DadPerson the Pained kitties and Mickey the Cockateil - cages are very nice to live in, keeps the riff-raff out.