[Dailydrool] Counter Surfing Trixie

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Fri Feb 19 14:25:18 PST 2010

Finally the sun shining in OH which gives me the opportunity to try and pick up whatever I can find in the 25" of snow!  I was so excited about being able to be in the sunshine (it was still cold) that I completely forgot I had taken out a frozen loaf of bread dough!  Well my Trixie is a very stealth like Basset who will eat everthing without question - needless to say after I had played outside for at least a couple of hours I came in and realized my error when I went to look for it to place in the pan......To my horror it was missing and I searched all over the house for any sign of the wrapper or the loaf itself, shoved my boots back on and went out to scour the yard and sure enough pieces of the plastic were under the "theif tree" - Immediately called the vet, explained my plight and was promptly told to get some Hydrogen Peroxide down her with a turkey baster and get her to toss her cookies...thank goodness IT WORKED!  Within about 5 minutes of us walking around in the snow she promptly "tossed" her contents. She was ill a few more times - fortunately when she steals anything she usually swallows it whole since she doesn't want to get caught...at least this time that was to our favor....She is now once again snoring on the couch.....belly looking a lot less full....I am just so glad I discovered it when I did - I was so lucky the yeast wasn't ready to rise!!!  Bassets....gotta love them!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, Trixie, LaVerne and Princess