[Dailydrool] Pest control

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Feb 22 07:49:35 PST 2010

<<slaves at store to buy ant poison. he slave points to liquid filled traps-
she slave nixes this idea with "no, lets get the regular ones, I don't want
Elvis to eat them".>>

Just a quick warning about setting traps. We had a mouse invasion one year.
So we called in a professional who set traps where the dogs couldn't get
them. They didn't, but one day Bel grabbed at something. I soon discovered
that he had a dead and most likely poisoned mouse in in his mouth. When I
went to get it, he swallowed. Some hydrogen peroxide took care of that, but
I hate to think what would have happened had I failed to see that he had it.
There's a good chance he too would have been poisoned.

I guess a hound would have to eat a lot of dead ants before it would be a
problem, but those who put out traps for other critters should be careful.

What really got rid of the mice? I haven't seen a sign of a mouse since the
day Jane cornered one in one of our cupboards. Our cat, Duncan, who hadn't a
clue until Jane did her work, then chased it into our living room
(horrors!). I assume it ran down some of the wiring into the cellar. Duncan
was in no danger of actually catching the beast, since he didn't get closer
than a yard away.

As long as the critters stay in our yucky cellar or the attic, I don't much
worry. After all, we can always set Jane on the chase again. The cat was, as
Jane would tell you fairlyuseless.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets
and Duncan Thefairlyuselessc at t