[Dailydrool] Molly update evening 2/23/2010

Laura Ripley bicoastalbassetmom at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 17:54:46 PST 2010

Well, I got home, and although my significant other had taken Molly out and told me she actually stood up to poop, I was excited, but was not to sure, thinking he was telling me what I wanted to hear.

Ha!  I took Molly out into the doggie yard, and set her down, she remained on all 4's and pooped and took a few steps and peed.  AHHHHRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By all means we are not out of the woods.  But this I guess is a good sign, and she wags her tail not a lot of distance, but it wags.

I have been so careful, keeping the dutch door to the stairs closed at all times, etc, I never imagined that one of their jealous spats would lead to this.

Ever since Sophie went to the Bridge, Molly doesn't like Jack coming near me when it's her time or what she considers her time. I was at the computer playing solitare Saturday evening and Molly was lying next to me and jack walked in the room and all ________ broke loose.  And he is stockier built than she, much more muscular.  Neither are fat.  Normally if I leave the room it stops immediately, however this time she kept after jack and ended up I guess twisting the wrong way, However before it ended she had Jack in a corner.

>From now on I will simply keep them separated when I am home.  I have baby gates to keep them out of the kitchen while I am cooking so I guess I have to keep one in the living room and one in the dining room now when I am home.

Naturally I blame myself for this, but am glad to see she can at least manage to stay up to do her stuff.  I just hope she keeps improving.  Personally I am amazed at the improvement in just 30 hours since going to the Vet.  I know she will always have a problem and I will have to be even more careful with her.  I myself fractured a vertebra in my back years ago, and haven't been right since.  So I know she will always have some problems with her back now.

Will keep you all informed.  Basset hugs to all and Healing drool to everyone.  WE all need it.

Basset Hound Hugs and Snooter Kisses