[Dailydrool] Cushings Disease

Judi Dunham houndies2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:33:59 PST 2010

I'm mostly a lurker, but now need some information and advice from the best
source on the subject, Droolers. My beautiful Barney has possibly developed
Cushings.  The most evident sign is excessive drinking, and the inevitable
wetting. Had him to the vet last evening and she ruled out diabetes. She
took blood and called the DH this afternoon. Said she's leaning towards
Cushings but wants to do more testing, such as an ultrasound. I have a call
into the office so that I can discuss it further with her.
I was under the impression that the bloodwork was the answer to the Cushings
question. I am concerned about additional testing, not sure why it's
necessary.
I'm looking for any help and advice from those who have experience with
this. My boy will be 13 this April and he's my big, lovable hunk of hound.
Definitely his Mommy's boy.  Thanks.

Judi
Barney - I am soooo thirsty.
Tucker -  I'm special too, Mom