[Dailydrool] sensiitive stomachs

msbbeabear at comcast.net msbbeabear at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 19:46:09 PST 2010

I found a great dog food (canned) that works great for Pancreitis problems.  Our girl of 11 had it about a month ago and the vet put her on the chicken and rice diet.  After about three days, she still wasn't right so I called the vet and started her on the metrozolone  for the soft stools.  The vet said she needed to be on the lowest fat diet I could find.  She had some presciption food but she said most of the dogs did not like it enough to stick with it.  Anyway,  I started to check all my pet stores to see what I could come up with in a decent food.  I found a food made by Hi Tor called Eno.  It is only 3% fat and low fiber.  I also found some dog bones that were only 3% fat that seem to work great.  The Eno runs about 18.00 a case of 12.  It  is chicken based and she loves it.  Her problem cleared up in about two weeks.  She is now bouncing around and wanting to have anything I will feed her, but I have decided at her age and with the sensitive stomach she has, that I will keep her on this food.  The vet could not believe I found it.  She is telling other people about it.  You have to use the canned food although they do have  a dry food.  The dry food is 7% fat so it is much higher.  Our vet said she could go back to her old food now if I want to but I am not risking it.  Try a can of Eno and see if your dog likes it and go from there.  It comes in a brown and white can or a yellow and white can.

Remee