[Dailydrool] Brown Truck Came Early

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 09:20:27 PST 2010

I believe the Big Brown Truck that delivers the boy basset brains usually shows up when the boy is about 3 years old, right? If so, our Brown Truck must have made an early delivery. I suspect Dewey's brains came last week. And he just turned 2!

Normally, when I leave the house, Dewey goes into his crate. This is to protect the house from destruction. Last week, I was caring for a pack of critters, and had to leave the house at 6:30 am every day. Dewey got put into his crate. But he got increasingly balky about going in there. By the end of the week, he flat out refused. So, we had a discussion about RESPONSIBILITY and I let him stay at large in the house while I was gone.

When I got back, he was curled up in his bed in the office, and NOTHING WAS DESTROYED! Nothing, I tell ya! I was overjoyed! I praised the bejeebers out of the lad. "See Mommy? I can be responsible!" Next day, I had dinner with my mother and left him at large, again. Still no destruction! Could this be the same basset who would RUN to the desk when he saw me pick up my hairdryer, and rummage for something on the desk to destroy? The same one who pulled down the shelf above my bed that held his stuffed animals that were "resting"?

Anyway, now I have a problem. I can no longer call him "His Royal Furiness, Dewey Destructo". I need a new title for him. He certainly is no PW. We have too many arguments about who's boss for that. I am looking for suggestions.

Linda and Da Dewster