[Dailydrool] Gabby update

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Fri Feb 26 20:07:35 PST 2010

Gabby had her surgery to remove the contents of the eye and put in the
prosthetic ball on Wednesday.
It went well and she came home that afternoon.  She's now on drops for
both eyes and antibiotics for two weeks or more.
Her recheck with the eye doctor is for March 9.
She's getting around just fine and, after getting over her post-surgical
grogginess, is pretty much acting her normal self.
Now all we can hope for is being able to stave off the glaucoma in the
left for as long as possible.

Currently, she and Misty are being led a merry chase by their feline
'nephews' -- two five month old kittens who are visiting for a few days.
Freddy and Jason (they were adopted by our youngest son and his S.O.
just before Halloween!) are handling the dogs quite well -- we've set up
an escape for them for when they get tired of being followed
butt-to-basset nose all over the house.  The girls are frustrated that
they can't get at the kitten chow and the lovely presents in the litter
box!! <ggg>

Kathie G