[Dailydrool] mr pants' pants got smaller

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 19:42:38 PST 2010

Today we took Mr Pants for his annual exam and a few shots he needed.

We took Lilly for the ride to help her get more socialized and know the vet
as she will be needing to go sometime in May.
She was still a little scared and growled at a big Ma Kaw who knew how to
bark like a dog and say hello, she also growled at a little puppy who was
sniffing her. I know to watch for her signals and can read her very well so
I took her away from the puppy as Santana LOVES him some puppies and
attention....he is just a big ole lover! Lilly still needs some work....They
do have a behavior therapist now who will work on these things...$105 for 8
classes or $25 for individual sessions.  I am debating as I want her to be
okay when we go to a dog picnic, when we have a baby, and when we would ever
get another dog.  I would never give her back to rescue I couldn't do it...I
would make things work but I want her to be happy too so I might go this
route with a behavior therapist. If someone is at our house or she knows
them she is fine...its strangers outside of our house. It was weird she got
so nervous her tongue was kind of purple...the vet said she didn't see it
but I noticed it.  Has anyone heard this happening when dogs have severe
anxiety?  I wonder if she was like hyperventilating?  She is fine now and
tuckered out and her tongue went back to normal. She does fine if Santana
goes 1st and models for her what is okay.

Well we are proud to announce that my suspicions of Santana losing weight
were true....Last time he was around 68lbs...at one point he was all the way
up to 78lbs at his heaviest.  We switched food...not your "diet" food but a
better quality and also limited the treats and replaced them with
carrots....long whole carrots they are more fiberous and he loves the
texture keeps him busy too.  He gets about 1/2 of 3 a day..LIlly and him
split them.  Today he weighed in at DRUM ROLL ......61lbs!!!  He is a very
healthy boy.  I had them look at his eyes for all the boogies he gets..she
said his eyes look great when she looked at them with the tool.  She said
probably some airbourne allergies nothing to worry about.  I also had her
check a little bump I noticed about 3 months ago...I kept an eye on size and
how it felt...it hasn't grown...she said after looking at it that it's a
cyst nothing to worry about unless it gets icky on him.  Its kind of like a
hard pimple so it hasn't burst or anything.  His nail
looked fine when about 2 weeks ago he was nibbling.....we both concluded he
must have got it stuck.

HIS EARS! she was so amazed at how clean they were!!!! she saw them icky and
brown before with a bacterial and yeast infection so she was
impressed.....it's the Blue ear powder treatment!  I didn't say what it was
that I did hehehe but this is a miracle potion for basset ears!!! Teeth were
clean w/ a little tartar on the canines but nothing bad.

At 3 years old Mr Pants is doing well....she said we look like a happy
basset family!

--
Anitra | Momma To the Hounds |
Santana Mr Pants & Lilly Belle Rose

"My family is not confined to mother, mate, and child; but it includes all
creatures be they tame or wild; my family upon this earth includes all
living things, on land, or in the ocean deep, or borne aloft on wings.~
Alicia S. Carpenter"