[Dailydrool] separating hounds

Donna Mitchell dmitchell1065 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:02:10 PST 2010

Hi all - I don't write with questions or comments often, but I read and
enjoy everyday!
Well, DH and I are separating and he is moving to a different address.  I am
staying in our home.
We have two girls, Daisy and Lilly. We have had Daisy for 3 years, and we
have had Lilly almost 2 years.  We also have 4 cats.

We are separating the dogs based on our personalities, DH is taking the high
maintenance girl, Daisy, and I am keeping the low maintenance girl, Lilly
(and 4 cats)

I know separating them is going to be hard, and I expect Daisy to be
extremely anxious since her routine will be the most changed.  Lilly will
probably go to work with me everyday.

We both have the means to take care of the girls, and they will not need to
be re-homed.

What should we be looking for as far a anxieties, depression, etc?

Thank you in advance for anything you share with me.

Donna