[Dailydrool] Grieving

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Wed Jan 13 09:28:20 PST 2010

Otis and Nelly have both been very quiet and sleeping a lot since I
came home Monday night. Our kitty Ollie died last Friday and I am
beginning to wonder if Otis, in particular, is grieving. He has chosen
some odd places to curl up inside the house, and he pulls me out to
Ollie's grave when we return from our walks. They are both eating but
not the usual speed-swallow.
I know it is cold and winter and a good time for basset sluggishness,
but do you think he is/they are grieving?
There was a drool discussion earlier about bassets grieving each
other, but this is cross-species. They both got to sniff Ollie's body
when Jack brought him home before burial, so they knew for sure. Any
suggestions appreciated.
Linda, with Otis and Nelly