[Dailydrool] THANKS!

SUSAN INTESSIMONE froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 16 19:04:24 PST 2010

Thanks to everyone who responded to my losing my mind post.  Thank heavens the lady hasn't actually called me--just emailed.  Her son DOES know she gave us Bella, but he personally hasn't bothered me for updates (which would be easy since the rescue's email and phone number are on our website...)  I guess I will be polite but not answer her again after this one.  And I think I will add a page on our website about what happens when you surrender a dog.  We DO have a pro bono lawyer, but I don't think I will have him deal with this...yet.  I'd rather save him for the couple who adopted from us 3+ years ago and  recently called to demand I come get the dog RIGHT NOW (they're 5 hours away.)  Seems the dog snapped at their 18 mo old.  Well, they were letting her crawl around on the floor near his dish WHILE HE WAS EATING and they don't want a potentially vicious dog now (how stupid are people??)  SO, I arranged for him to be brought to a kennel for
 boarding---only to find his shots were lapsed by many months. So I had to shell out $75 before they'd take him as a boarder.  They were in breach of the adoption contract, so they're getting a bill for those shots.  I doubt they'll pay, but they'll get a bill anyway.  THEY caused this problem--both the dog's snapping and the kennel situation but acted like it was all the rescue's fault.  YEAH....right....

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 1
Murphy, Jeremiah and Sweenie + Grandma
www.bluegarssbassetrescue.org