[Dailydrool] Happy New Year! + Drool request for wanna be

Kathleen Jones klj at efn.org
Fri Jan 1 00:02:32 PST 2010

Wishing all Droolers & hounds a safe, happier, more prosperous & HEALTHY New
Year.  This last one (well, several) have been too challenging emotionally,
financially, & just generally.  Usually, I'm a bit nostalgic New Year's Eve.
This year, I'm more like "good riddance; let's hope for better" and looking
ahead.

We're not up celebrating exactly.  I got Maestro a new little brother
yesterday (long story which I may vent about when I'm awake), but the little
guy is sick & not feeling well at all, at all.   I thought he was only going
to be a project, & maybe a temporary one at that, but he may stay; I'm
getting attached already.  My vet will call tomorrow with blood work (yep,
on New Year's Day) 'cause he's concerned too.   It's a little middle-aged
Tri Cavalier that has been --I am not making this up-- living outside.
Night before last, we had 5 inches of snow.   Earlier this month, freezing
rain & temps barely above zero.   I don't want to start venting....  His
teeth are the worst I've ever seen, even in years of shelter dogs, middle of
the road strays, or foster dogs.  I need to celebrate or sleep, not
vent...well, not much.   But I can't help it.   Anyway, if there's some
extra Drool for a potential wanna-be, the little guy could sure use it.

We'll be praying for the hounds needing drool, the ones who've gone to the
Bridge, & for their slaves too.  Wishing a year of treats & tummy rubs &
continued health to all the well ones.

Off to break open a bottle of Mt. Dew & some Hershey's chocolate. ah, the
New Year revels...

Kathleen & Maestro (I want the Cheeeze ball!)
Fezziwig the Cavalier
and ' we don't know yet'  the Cavalier
(w/Henry Wadsworth & Bentley Basset ATB)