[Dailydrool] peeing / Cushings / Senior Hound

Janine Giancoli janine_g at comcast.net
Sat Jan 2 05:16:15 PST 2010

Porkchop, my 9.5 year old, was diagnosed w/ Cushings last April.  We
are having a problem with her & I am looking for some advice /
suggestions.

If we leave put her in a crate at night she barks all night long.  We
put a fan on in our room & close the door to the playroom & put
pillows on the crate to try to muffle the noise but she has woken my
son the last 2 nights, he usually sleeps through it & is waking us too.

If we leave her out of the crate she will pee in either the kitchen or
laundry room - at least it is tile but my husband doesn't want to
clean it up (he leaves for work really early & lets the dogs out
before he even showers).  Plus he slipped in it once, landed on his
elbow & he claims it still isn't back to normal.  We also limit her
water in the evenings.

I am considering the puppy pads.  I am a little nervous she will shred
them though.  Does anyone have any advice?

thanks
Janine
Hunter - 10, Porkchop, 9 & Hoagie - 1